Freitag, 25. Oktober 2013

Expect the Unexpected!

Holy Shit? HobbitCon was the last thing I blogged about? Shame on me, damn, I am so lazy since I got tumblr (Magnificent Juleficent).

Last weekend I went to my nineth RingCon (now I feel old) and it really was one of the best, really. All the guest were sooooo hilarious, nice and funny. None of them disappointed me. I was concerned about David Wenham, that he could be some kind of arrogant douchebag, but he is such a lovely and hones person.
It was his first convention ever and when he said in the future he would love to come back, it didn't sound like blabla see you soon blabla.

Another blast were the Game of Thrones actors. Most of the poeple were totally disappointed because Charles Dance and James Cosmo cancelled but these 4 young talented people were awesome. After their group panel I was really concerned if the Kiwi Panel (which is usually the comedy panel at RingCon) could catch up.



One of the highlights was recreating Renly's death scene while Sir Loras is watching. Of course, Finn Jones did a hilarious job and most of the people laughed tears. But what really impressed me was Gethin Anthony doing that death scene, the shock in his face, the gasping sound... This guy is so talented.



© Andreas Kinder


Yeah and then, there were Team Starkid and these people really made the weekend very special for me due to their wonderful energetiv show performance on saturday and also because of my Quirrelmort cosplay.
I am so happy I did that cosplay. It was a stupid idea 2 months ago while rewatching my favourite scene in avpm. I simyply love Quirrelmort eypecially when Voldemort ist coming back. “ok is wonderful”
I never imagined that this cosplay is so much fun. Many people gave me great feedback.






©Virtual DVD Magazine
My really special moment was at RingCons press conference: Due to a lovely friend I was there in my Quirrelmort costume, both Brians and Joe Moses were sitting there too. When Brian R. spotted me he whispered something to the others.
But suddenly David Wenham (Faramir himself) took the mic to ask a question. He wanted to know what the head on my  back means. I was totally shocked. So I explained what it means while standing right in front of the starkid boys. I was so nervous, I have no idea what Wenham replied. I somehow felt embarassed, cause the press conference is something for the stars and I somehow felt like I interrupted it. But I was also happily surprised that David Wenham is so interested and not just doing his job.


©Andreas Kinder
Well, that’s not even THE highlight. During the press conference Joey, Clark and Joe Walker also came into the room to watch a little bit. When the conference was over, all starkids came, examined the head and also joking around with it. Brian Holden took a photo when Joe and Brian R. kissed my Voldy head!
This was all so crazy and surreal. Especially cause I didn’t even know that I was such a huge fan of them and that meeting them and getting feedback would make me so super happy.




Like I said before: expect the unexpected




1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh...I didn't know it was you at the press conference! *hugs* (Ulli Bjmd on FB)

    AntwortenLöschen